Sunday 4 March 2018

There might not be bread..but there's always cake!


Holy Moly - that was quite the snowy week wasn't it? I can hardly believe I was sitting doodling my Easter Cakepop designs when outside was the Beast from the East in its full Elsa from Frozen ragey glory!

It gave me plenty of time to prep and plan ideas for the next few months - it sometimes feels like I spend as much time at a computer as I do at an oven. I think the snow cabin fever had well and truly set in by Friday when I realised that some of the new flavours and designs were "out there" to say the least (you'll have to wait to see them for yourself won't you!) but isn't that the fun in it all? Coming up with new and fun things with every season?

After having to postpone an order or two due to the crappy conditions I was so thankful and delighted by local customers snapping them up to enjoy indoors with their families by the fire (well that's what I imagined them to do with the cakes, they might have just eaten them all to themselves en route back home - I fully support that move too) - and it's a nice thought that despite the bread and milk shortage there is always cake.

You may have seen at Valentine's day my first mini-cake, perfectly portioned for 2. This week will be another week of mini-cakes, albeit slightly bigger, but ideal for Birthday's for those who don't want to share (aka Me) so stay tuned for pics aplenty which should brighten up what promises to be an epicly soggy week ahead!

Jade 
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment